David - Dunkirk, Indiana

I was fortunate to discover Bahá’u’lláh when I was 17, thirty-six years ago; and I continue to find the eloquent Scriptures He revealed, without formal education or hesitation, to be sufficient proof of His astonishing claim to be the Return of the spirit of Christ –in the same manner that John the Baptist was the return of Elijah: not the same individual, but the same qualities, power and authority, duties and office.

I think of Him as the Promised One of all religions, because He has brought the panacea for individuals and nations –those things that could not be told before.

I believe that’ world peace is not only possible but inevitable’. It was prophesied; and it’s coming, but not until the worlds’ rulers apply the prescription given by the divine Physician. He said:

“The well-being of mankind, its peace and security, are unattainable unless and until its unity is firmly established. This unity can never be achieved so long as the counsels which the Pen of the Most High hath revealed are suffered to pass unheeded.”

Bahá’u’lláh lived in Baghdad for ten years and met people in coffee shops, and wrote some of His most important works there. He promised that Baghdad would eventually be: Dar’u’Salaam –The Abode of Peace. The chaos there now is a preface to the Most Great Peace; and will disappear when the prejudices that fuel it are eradicated.

Bahá’u’lláh was exiled again to Turkey, and finally to the prison-fortress of Akka, in Palestine, in 1868. He predicted the fall of the Caliphate, atomic weapons, the formation of a federation of nations, and the upsurge in scientific inventions.

He stood on Mount Carmel, ‘the mountain of Megiddo’ and announced the appearance of His new world order, which is unfolding with every passing year. The gorgeous Shrines and gardens of Bahá’u’lláh and the Báb, have been visited by people from all over the world. I’m getting ready to go for the third time!

Bahá’u’lláh abrogated military jíhad, so I believe the terror being caused by Islamic radicals, stems from generations of clergy who are like clouds covering up the sun, encouraging their followers to apply ineffective solutions from a previous age.

The Bahá’í principles include the Oneness of God, the Oneness of Religion, the Oneness of Humanity, the right of each person to Investigate Truth independently, the Elimination of All Prejudices between races and classes of people. They include Non-Interference of Religion with Politics, Religion Must Be the Cause of Harmony! (If it isn’t, who needs it!)

Religion is in Harmony with Science; Men and Women are like the wings of one bird, Universal Education, Universal Peace, and Universal Auxiliary Language democratically chosen by the peoples of the world, Humanity needs Spiritual Solutions to the economic Crises; a life of Prayer and occasional Fasting is good for spiritual growth. ‘You will know them by their fruits’, and the fruits of this Teacher are good.