Gladys - Lanham, Maryland

According to Shakespeare, “Dreams are the product of an idle brain, begot of nothing but vain fantasies”( Romeo and Juliet ). I used to believe that dreams are mere fantasies until 1st January 2001, when I had the first dream that happened to me in exactly the same way I had dreamed it. I dreamt myself in an aeroplane heading for United States of America only to wake up and find the US embassy in Conakry, Guinea has awarded visas to me and my relatives under the visa’93 program. One week later I was in a plane to New York. Since that time I have had many dreams that turned out to be true in real life exactly as I saw them in my sleep.

Dreams are not ordinary illusions and most people can attest to the fact that dreams are a replay of activities encountered during the day. In these cases there is a tendency to think that there are no supernatural connections to dreams. In my situation, dreams represent future things to come . For example, if I see myself climbing a mountain in a dream , it implies instant success which for a student will mean passing exams, whilst if I was coming down the hill, I will fail.

My belief tells me then that my dreams are interpreted positively, unlike others I know whose dreams are interpreted in a negative manner. For these people a dream where they lose a family member will indicate long life for that person. Thus my belief in dreams stems from my practical experience from dreams.

I have had so many experiences including the classical one where I dreamed a green snake whilst pregnant, indicating that I will deliver soon but infact the snake spoke to tell me that it will be a boy child which indeed was true. I have, and will always remain to believe in dreams.