Brandon - Midlothian, Texas

When i was six or seven years old me and my best freind quinton had a sleepover at my house we stayed up all night and watched movies and played nintendo. We planning on “STAYING UP ALL NIGHT!” and the clock we were using to tell time was several hours fast (old LCD readout on a VCR remember they usually just blinked 12:00 over and over). So we continued with our night getting more and more sleepy as the night progressed untill we saw that it was getting close to 6 or 7 oclock in the morning when the sun “should be coming up” (according to the faulty clock).

Well, as 7 o clock came and passed we got a little bit more scared of the idea that the sun wasnt rising and the world would end and no one had realized it yet.

So at the brink of the end of the world it seemed that our only defense was to bend down to our knees and pray to god that the sun would rise. And as silly as this sounds these were the most frightening couple of hours in my entire life. And as we prayed a couple of hours later the sun did come up that day.

With sleep exhastion setting in and fear we immediatly looked to our belief in god. We prayed that the sun would rise and it did. We had faith in god even though we really didnt know what “god” was. Two boys huddled together like that more afraid than anything else but being able to come to the realization of TRUE FAITH.

This was the only time im my life when my prayers were ever answered directly or indirectly. When me and Quinton were 18 on August 1, 2001 a few weeks before we started college and our adult lives. He died in a car accident. I still think about this story all the time. And wish my prayers were still answered from time to time.