Yanet - Mississippi

Contributor: Yanet

Location: Silver Spring, MD

Country: United States of America

Series: Contemporary

I believe peace will be arduous.

I believe that the world might end soon. I have changed my mind about the future. I always thought that the Christians, Jews and Muslims would find away to live together in peace. I could not have been more wrong. I say this because the relationship between them all has become worse.

I believe that if I am right the world will truly end. There will be no future for the world. The Christians search for better protection, while the Muslims search for better weapons. I believe that this arms race will continue until the end. Of course, some Christians and Muslims will try to find middle ground. However, I believe that there will not be enough time.

Personally, I have prayed for peace. My religion teaches me that this is possible. However, I never knew that hate would transcend love. I thought that the Christians were right. I also thought the Muslims would compromise. Nevertheless, they were only interested in being number one. Both Christians and Muslims point fingers at each other’s. However, the Muslims are offensive, while the Christians and others are defensive. I believe that there may not be room for any deals.

I believe that a few Christians and Muslims will try to find peace. I believe that they will fail. The world will watch and wait for results, but the wait will continue. I believe that the people of the world will want answers and explanations. However, I believe they will get nothing but excuses. As a result, peace will remain elusive. The fight for hearts and minds will proceed.

I have a few Muslims friends, and I am close to them. I believe that they are true friends. I know that religion very important to them. Religion is very important to me. I believe if there is truly only one God, that we should not be so far apart. Nevertheless, when we do not talk about politics or religion we are very close. With out politics and religion, we talk about girl stuff. We talk about boys, movies and hairstyle. There are times that we talk about the latest style of shoes. There is always peace when the men are not involved. This point must be taken seriously.

When I think about this truth, I become confused. I believe that we are truly equal under God. I believe that men are responsible for the troubles between us. I believe that women should be given a chance to lead. I say because nothing is working under the leadership of men. I believe that the choice is clear. Is peace more important than world domination? Personally, give me friendship and peace.