Emelia - Santa Maria, California
Themes: birth, love

“This I Believe”

I believe in the immense love that grows in my body during nine months. This experience last nine months, forty weeks to be exact; I never imagine all the qualities that I was able to feel. I found this to be an extraordinary experience right away because the first month was like having a bunch of butterflies flying and softly touching my belly. During this month I was so excited, as if I had won the lottery. I told my husband, he could not believe it because I had just lost one the month before, and to make sure we go to the hospital. Both were so nervous. His hands started sweating by the emotion like a running river in the hills; it was so sticky and warm, it was exasperating to be waiting for the doctor to give us the news. He can not wait and go outside; I wait for the doctor. Looking at my eyes the doctor called my name; I stand up and walk toward him. Finally the doctor gave me the news I was waiting for a flower to bloom. I right away went out side to the car in which my husband was waiting for me and saw my husband’s eyes, he looked at me as well and asked me with emotion but a broke voice “what did the doctor said?” We are going to have a tiny cocoon I said, and he broke out in tears. We left the hospital and went to celebrate. The next two months, I was able to use the same cloth; the food I had to eat was everything but healthy food. During these first three months I did not have any nauseas or vomits; I was so happy; I was able to feel the intense movements. Also every movement was like stretching a rubber band side to side until I start the next trimester which made me very sensible.

The next three months where a disaster, the nauseas were very intense that I even could not smell the food; sometimes when I was cooking, I had to run to the restroom right away. At the same time, I was vomiting; but the movements made me feel how the sea was growing and the waves were bigger. I was in between the sixth and the seventh month; my clothes were bigger now. My belly really pops out the next three months which were the last one the feelings were intense the wound got heavier as if I was caring a forty pound bag full of sand; also the baby got bigger and healthy as a flower when it has enough soils and water. The baby needs me until he or she grew up enough to survive for his/her self. I believe in love; the love that not every body can feel, but a mother that all times will be fighting like a lion for the good of her family.