Sabrina - Santa Maria, California

I believe that every human being has a purpose to succeed here on earth before their times up! Finally arriving “on leave” is my older cousin who is like a brother to me. We will be celebrating our birthdays together as we do every year today; making me very excited. Strolling up in his new immaculate chicory Acura I see through my reflection the gigantic smile on my face. Getting in, smelling the fresh leather I spot out my cousin’s wheel chair. Bringing flashbacks of that horrifying phone call I received months back, when my cousin was rushed to the hospital after a terrible fall. Refreshing my thoughts I began to smile again being appreciating that he’s alive and we our celebrating yet another birthday together.

Every year I get to plan out what we do that entire day. Being such a beautiful hot day I decided to grab ice cream at Baskin Robins. After this quick stop, we agreed on cruising down to the beach to where my cousin was going to show me how to surf. Parking in front on this high coral brick wall we get down in a hurry wanting to get on the road. Patiently waiting we finally are next in line and ends up ordering delicious and satisfying banana splits. Scarfing down quickly, so I can help my cousin load up his chair, I being to get this weird feeling as if something was going to happen.

Ignoring that weird feeling I had to get in the car as my cousin turned the engine on. With in the blink of an eye if that, I wake up in the hospital to this bright citron light shinning in my eyes. How did this splendid day turn into this horrible nightmare? Screaming, wanting to leave and go back to our perfect day my cousin and I had planned but we got transferred for more testing. Going through this tunnel like tube called a “cat scan” being as still as possible as if I were paralyzed, I begin to cry. This had turned out to be the worst birthday ever! After all the testing were finalized and complete I got released with all sorts of pain medications, awaiting 3-7 days for results. On the way home I ask my parents how this all came about? It turns out my cousin had spasms in both of his legs not being able to control it since he is paralyzed from the waist down. Pushing his right food directly on the gas pedal, leaded us through that coral brick wall.

Taken care of as if I were a newborn baby, we finally receive a phone call. As I say hello I hear this delightful strong voice in response. It was this anonymous evangelist and he said to me “sister Sabrina have faith because your time has only began here on earth, and your purpose has not yet been completed.” He then prayed for me and gave me the assurance that everything was going to turn out just fine. Finally, we receive a phone call giving us the results. Luckily everything showed up “negative”, leaving me perfectly fine besides the bruises and soreness. Till this day I’m not sure why I had to go through that anonymous experience, to understand that I have a purpose that will be meaningful to somebody someday.