Michael - Burbank, California

I believe in God. I also believe that it’s impossible to find the slightest agreement within my own faith, let alone others what that statement actually means. Let me put it in the language of movies: Is your god Charlton Heston, Geroge Burns or Morgan Freeman? I don’t know, ether. In fact, the more I ponder this question, my answer becomes closer to that classic Supreme Court definition of “obscenity”. In effect, I can’t describe God, but i know it when I see it. I believe that God is present when someone picks up a guitar, a violin, sits at a piano and moves me to tears with the noises they elict from an instrument that began as a tree. God is in the laughter of my daughters. God is in the wonder and calm I feel as I watch and hear the ocean rolling into shore. God is in the power of the wind. God is in the hope I feel for tommorrow. God is in the power of my youngest daughters fingers, as she holds my hand as we walk together. I could go on. I could be as banal as the glorious taste of anything “Blackened” or as epheremal as that feeling you get when you swing and hit a baseball. The point is, I believe that God is present at every moment that makes my eyes water or jaw drop in wonder and I say to myself, “How could that be?” and how very glad I am that I don’t know the answer. Cast God in whatever image that works for you, or none, if that be your liking. But those moments in life that provide you joy and wonder from the highest, most spiritual to the most mundane; that syphony you just heard, that smile from a loved one, to that pimple perfectly popped, I believe that’s where your God will be found. That’s a discovery that makes every day an amazing adventure.