No myriad of truths can gainsay any lie proffered to explain it.

“Money is speech”–this is the deadly, deceitful, yet acoustically sweet incantation of judges, politicians, the uberriche, and their lawyers under retainer. Those persons who have abdicated their claim to the rights and liberties guaranteed to them by the United States Constitution; who are numb to the familiar sting of autonomy that affords them the freedom to claim the right of ownership of the successful fruits or of the failures of their own mind and labors and sacrifices–and the Constitutional warrant created to protect that claim–may stand by idly, blithely nodding their ascent to the deafening hum underlying that deceitful edict. That too is their right.

But I stand with those Americans who, though penniless, invested their sacred Honor, blood, and destiny for the right to speak equally with others–on-high or low–in commanding those who form or enforce the laws governing the sacred stewardship of our nation. I stand with those Americans who voted to ratify the Constitution of the United States of America and with all others who, with that same fervor and circumstance in their respective lives as those first battle-scarred Americans who have invested themselves completely to claim that which money can never imitate or quantify–the right to be heard equally and treated equally by those who create , execute, or interpret the law; complete in manner and respect and without impediment or prejudice of wealth or social position. No other barter is worthy of our allegiance.

The notion of money as a proxy for speech is debauchery in its crudest incarnation–tantamount to a knife, a gun, a baseball bat, a tire-iron, or an explosive suicide vest, a car–bomb, or an act of treason, or prostitution.

This, I believe.