Daniel - 00959, Puerto Rico

My friend Gladeline

From a family of strong Puerto Rican women, the mixture and blend of Gladeline comes from Gladys and Lina, two special grandmothers in the life of this amazing young woman in her thirty-something; always career and study oriented in which I had the honor of meeting her nearly a decade ago.

Coming from a macho society she had to fight her way up the corporate ladder and make her ‘bones’ doing things the right away inside a pharmaceutical industry that it is at times tough, male oriented and discriminating. This young General Manager has had to hold her own since I met her. Making her mark as an Industrial Psychologist and always teaching me how to behave or curve my rebellious ways in society. You see, our history is quite interesting-since our paths crossed-I met Gladeline as a long-haired-troubled Veteran. She was a light and the ‘breath of fresh air’ that came into my life when I mostly needed her. Wow! I was impressed with her incredible blue-eyes and the way she looked, always smart and challenging me to something new at every corner! I learned a lot and of course, one learns a lot with a smart woman around. Of course, they are smarter than we are… Back in ‘good old days’, I had been recently out of College and an

-CONTINUE-

2

My friend Gladeline…

idealist to teach about World History. I worked in the Scuba-diving industry, something that I had done consecutively for four years. She enjoyed Scuba-diving and from here we flourished into a great love… This was our special unity! One of the greatest in my life! With her, I was able to go back into Skydiving and always we stuck together, hanging out and traveling across the world. It was thanks to her that I was able to travel again and get the guts to adventure again! Something that after combat duty I had not done and especially since, my days of Active Duty Service.

In time, a decade transpired and sadly with death and tragedy in her family we grew apart! Something happened, something snapped! I can only say it was both our faults. Today, Gladeline is one of my best friends, of the few I can count with one hand. I have learned to appreciate her more and at the same time, I would like to thank her for putting-up with me! Something’s are better left unsaid, but this is a time that nothing should be left unsaid! All stones should be turned and I want to thank her for being such an impacting and special person-of the most importance-in my life!

To you, congratulations, on your career and now, with a challenging Doctorate degree before graduation, I want to wish such love, success and happiness to you, a friend that has been always through my writings and unique inspiration. I want to say, I certainly appreciate your efforts, even when I don’t

3

My friend Gladeline…

express them that often. Again, I thank you for being in my life, for the cats, for these amazing experiences and most of all, for being through the ‘thick and thin’. For your patience, that after God has held me high, when I wanted to fall. Many, many, thank you!

For Gladeline is very special person and I still travel with her. I hope that these dreams about Ireland will never go away. That’s our dreams, a single and simple want, to retire and open a B&B in Ireland in the next couple of years. This is possible. To conquer the shores of Celtic society and a culture of beauty that impresses the soul. That’s the path to our liberation, Ireland another place that has conquered my life for these past two decades. And I know it has certainly conquered hers. A place that with Gladeline I have traveled three times of the four I have been there! We most certainly must like it!

The difficulties of life have transpired, and maybe and I sure hope, have made us better people and that we have learned from our mistakes. The interesting is to love and to hold the ones with love in such a short life span. It’s what makes us incredibly unique to have loved and lived life with adventure. The spice the makes life so great! For this single reason, I always want to hold a bond of love and friendship with her. Never in conflict, that I can proudly say, Gladeline, my friend! Kiss, kiss…

###