Mike Angel - San Diego, California

I Believe

This I believe, I believe education is the key to a successful life, I believe we are nobody without school and are life’s are not complete without books, I believe a democracy keeps flourishing because of education. I was once told by my father “everything you have right now will some day go away even me. People can take things away from you but never what you have learned and kept in mind. Your education is that main thing without it you are just other punk in the street without a home and a road ahead to look to.” I believe my father is right without education so many doors in life are closed to you, and your left with what life spares you with. I believe that education is the key to a successful life because you become somebody with it, you accomplish things in life and even if they are not significant you leave your mark in this world. I believe school is what really gives us our wings and not a red bull, it is the heart of the world and if you learn from it your life becomes what you want it to be. You will be able to say I can do it because of your knowledge and the paths that your studying makes for you. I believe our lives are not complete without books because they are what teach us from where to pick up the accomplishments that are ancestors left for us to succeed and be better than they. Without them we would never learn about people like Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle who also believed an education would make life easier and that we have a purpose in life. We would not know if we were taking five feet forward and ten back. Books also tell us and teach us what strategies and techniques to use to protect our selves against life to be successful in this game. I believe that those who sit back in their seats having a good time with them when everybody is learning are going to be those will need my help or spare change in the future. I believe teachers are our second parents who feed us a taste of a great feast to be ready when we go out to the real world on our own. But most of all I believe education saves a democracy it creates people who see what is right and what is not. It gives them the power to be true to themselves and defend against that tyranny that controls so many in this world. Without education we would not know who to vote for in elections and would just be taken advantage of and live in a society where we will be fed by corruption and unfairness. I believe I will be a successful person because of education and my mother and father will be proud of me and die in peace knowing that I can protect my self in this world. My son will be able to pick up the accomplishments that I have achieved and he will be better than I and take them farther for his son to pick up as well and make any of my future ancestors be somebody and leave their mark in this world. This I believe!