Joel - Glen Burnie, Maryland

Have you ever wondered how the universe came into existence? Have you ever pondered if mankind is alone? I am sure some of us may have had this thought some point in time however; I believe that there is a God. My intention is not to convert you or change you mind nor disrespect you in anyway. The main reason for this belief is based on personal experiences in life. Whether we believe it or not, we all have used the Lord’s name in vane especially when in trouble or as difficult times arise. I am talking about the famous saying in many languages and different walks of the earth “Oh God!” Some have said that the universe was created by a big bang but something or some being must have done something to create that bang. Yes, there was a time when I only believed what I saw, based on facts or other proof of existence. But we all can agree that wind can not been seen with the human eye but it can be felt.

I remember when I was younger I would always pray every night and morning before I go to sleep and when I awake. I never felt anything or saw overnight changes when I finished praying. But as the time went by, I started believing that there is a God. One time when I was playing soccer out in the backyard, I slipped, fell on my behind sliding towards a piece of iron poking through the fence. I yelled out “Oh God! Help me”. The next thing I knew I stopped just a few feet away from the iron which could have put me in the hospital.

This was just the beginning of my experiences and encounters with God. He has not only saved me but also provided and brought me through difficult times in my life. He placed the right people at the right time, even strangers when I was in need.

I had a new car, I was self employed making six hundred to twelve hundred dollars a week and living in a luxurious high rise apartment. In the beginning of this month, I had lost my job, could not afford my car anymore, accumulating unpaid bills and now have to move out of my apartment at the end of the month. Out of the blue, my cousins had bought me a car and I am about to start my new job this week and I have two more interviews. Also, I will be moving into my new apartment which is closer to school. This is truly a miracle!

All that I know or have physically seen still couldn’t prove God’s existence and this is where faith steps in. “Faith is the substance for things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen” (Heb. 11:1, NKJV Bible) I don’t believe it was luck, chance, coincidence or karma but just some of the miracles of God. From childhood experiences up until now, there is not any thing or any one who can persuade me that God doesn’t exist. I have developed such a relationship with God that we converse ever so often.

Knowing God, my life has completely changed. I no longer do majority of the things I used to do such as smoking or drinking; however, there is more to work on. I feel more peace and have more joy inside of me. I take life a bit more seriously now and not just letting the days pass by. Reaching a stage in my life where I know God, knowing that He is Almighty, Omnipotent, Omnipresent and all He has done for me just excites me more and more. I eagerly wait what else He has in store for me.