I believe in patience

bradley - los angeles, California
Themes: carpe diem

The beauty of life is often not appreciated enough. Everyday people are so rushed and hurried to make deadlines that they fail to realize the natural beauty that is right in front of them. There are too many things that take away from the “living” of life. But what is living life? It is being aware of your surroundings and not failing to recognize what is around you.

It hit me and I became saddened when I was in New York walking in a subway terminal. I noticed a musician delicately playing a violin. I watched as he caressed the stings together to create a pure, unfabricated sound. This sound ripped through my soul and I noticed that nobody even seemed to notice the musician. One other old man was watching and told me that the person playing the violin was a famous violinist and he was playing a 3 million dollar violin. This was a once in a lifetime thing to see and yet of the thousands of people who walked by only I and the old man cared to give a delicate slice of time in order to appriciate true art.

Our lives our filled with constant practices, appointments, classes and deadlines that we make to make our future more enjoyable, however if we don’t enjoy what is in front of us everyday then what is the point of living? Our society is so concentrated on the future that it fails to recegnize the beauty of the here and now. Our society is so driven to become the best and the strongest, when what we need is to sit back, relax and enjoy the beauty of living.