wendy - CULVER CITY, California

I believe that people deserve second chances. We all have made mistakes in life and I think that we should all get a second chance to start fresh to learn from the mistakes and keep on going. Before I use to think that once we have made a mistake it’s all over and you would not get another chance to make it up or be for given.

I have learned that in giving people a second chance you learn how to forgive yourself which is sometimes harder than forgiving others. I always was close to my mother just like most girls. We tell them our crushes and little things here and there, but never the really big things unless we know that we can truly are going to be understood and trust our mommies not to say anything to daddy.

I was getting really close to my mother at the time I was completely open to her, telling her almost every thought that I had. I trusted her in not to say anything to anyone not a sole, but unfortunately that is not what happened. I felt so betrayed because I thought that if there was anyone I could trust it was my own mother. I was so upset I didn’t even look at her or respond when she would try to talk to me. I just couldn’t believe that she would tell my personal business to my father. It wasn’t anything big just things that I felt about him and what thought of him, but it still hurt me because I thought that she wouldn’t open her mouth.

In time I looked at it and just thought that people make mistakes. My mother was only trying to help me and my father get closer, even though I looked at it as if she betrayed me. Sometimes people slip in what they say even if they don’t mean to, because I now I have. So I decided to give her another chance not only because she was my mother, but because I wanted to be able to trust her again and share my stories with her.

In general I just really think that people really deserve second chances because there are always two sides to a story. If you hold it against a person not only will you loose on a learning opportunity, but you have to keep in mind that if you were in their shoes wouldn’t you want a second chance?