chad - logan, Utah

I believe in the importance of family. For me growing up all I had was family. I did have friends in school but that’s all I ever hung out with them. After school I went home and stayed home the rest of the night. This went on tell about my 10th grade year. Yes, you could say I have lived a sheltered life. But what I did learn is that you family will always be there for you no matter what trials or tribulations you happen to go through.

Having friends is good cause they help you learn things you didn’t know before but they won’t always be there for you. Your family will. My mom sent me a letter one time it was while I was camping with my ward. This letter really brought to perspective how much I am really loved. She said that “we do butt heads a lot but even though I am mad at you I still love you.” that just made me think ,wow, all the times my mom was yelling at me she still loved me.

I guess it just feels good to know that somebody loves me. And that will never change. that’s why I believe family is so important. You should never have to make a choice between a family member and an object of some kind, it should be family.