Emily - Bowie, Maryland

I Believe In God

Sometimes it is hard to believe in God. It has crossed my mind once or twice. But I have a personal testimony that always revives my faith in God. For three years my parents tried to have children, the doctor told them time after time that they would never be able to have a child. It was scientifically impossible. Ever since my parents were teenagers, they had seen themselves having many children. They were heart broken to hear there was no possible way.

My parents are Christians and they felt like God had something else in store for them. They believed that they were going to have a child. So they prayed. They prayed for children and never gave up on what they believed. Months passed and they continued to pray but nothing was changing. The doctor continued to tell them that they were not going to have kids and asked them to consider adoption. They continued to try for their own child.

One weekend in January of 1986, my parents attended a church conference. The main speaker announced that he had faith to pray for infertile couples and to come prepared with faith to pray for these couples. That evening he asked the barren couples to walk on stage so all the pastors could pray for them. My parents walked up believing with all their heart that God would provide a child. My parents trusted that God would give them a child and that is just what He did.

They very next month my mom found out she was pregnant, on October 18, 1986 my parents prayers came true. They had their first daughter. Not only did they have one child, but five more following in years to come. God had answered their prayers. It is amazing to see that God has control over everything and can change the impossible to possible.

I believe there has to be a God. It was amazing for me to hear this story. For my parents, it was scientifically impossible to have a child. The doctors told my parents time and time again, there was no possible way to get pregnant, but God pulled through and blessed my parents with six children. Without my parents trusting in God and their continual prayer, I truly do believe that I would not be here today. I believe in God.