Disabled Children

Amanda - South Sioux City, Nebraska

No child should be poked at or made fun of because of their imperfections. After all no one is perfect not physically nor mentally. I have seen kids making fun of other because they are different from themselves. I thought that was the point of having friends to find out what they like to do or the music they like to lessen to. The sad thing is even adults do it they stare and whisper comments between themselves. No wonder where the kids get it from! I sit here wondering what happen to this world we live in. We stay away from the unfamiliar and treat them like monsters or demons. Why not talk to someone you normally would not you would be surprised on what you would learn from them. They may see something that you can not see because of your ignorance.

We have so much to learn from each other. When you dare to approach them to make a friend they do not judge you they just welcome you with open hands. They are loving, trusting, and resecting people for those of you who do not understand. Being different is a gift not to keep you down. They do not stab you in the back you turn around. They just pay in hopes you will come back around. This world has become so curl and inhuman it is so lonely when you are labeled disabled. They do not understand why they are treated this why. All they know is they are treated different and no one wants to hang out with them.

They pray to God why did you make me this way? Did I do something wrong to deserve being treated this why? All I want is some friends to play with and someone to talk to when I am down. After all I am a human just like everyone else so why must they treat me this way? Sometime I sit in my room just wishing my life was over, but the few good hearted people come back and it makes my life worth living for. Thank you God for making some good people because I believe being disabled is hard enough without the evil glares and insults. Do they think I asked to be this way because I can not control how I was made it was out of my hands? Do they not understand I have feelings too no one should have to go through what I do every day. Day go by very slow when you have no friends, and no one to communicate with I watch the clock with every tick a second goes by.