If You are What You Eat, Then I’m a Stinky Fish

Darin - Santa Monica, California
Themes: pleasure

I believe in food. Food and the eating of food are often overlooked and not given the right amount of credit they deserve.

Eating is not only essential for fueling our engines, it is also a great recreational activity. Going to a restaurant can be the motivator for you to get off your couch and go have an experience. But, the real adventure begins when you start to actually consume the food. Taste buds flourish, mouths salivate, and your animalistic instinct is satisfied. There is no better feeling in life than thirsting for a certain food, getting it, and gobbling it down.

There are so many different types and variations of food that nobody can ever grow tired of it. For instance, take a potato: French fries, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, and a plethora of other dishes all derive from that simple potato. Additionally, there are dishes that are unique to all different parts of the world. Want to forget the town we you live in and zone out? Forget about those “virtual vacations” everyone’s crazy about, and, instead, bite into a garlic-drenched escargot to get your head into the beautiful city of Paris.

But, for me, there is no better food than sushi. My parents introduced me to it when I was nine and I’ve been hooked since. They have done nothing to help me kick my sushi addiction. In fact, they support the habit by, occasionally, taking me to the most renowned sushi joints in LA. Sasabune, Katsuya, and Hump are the goods.

I could go on for days about all the different rolls and sashimi that tantalize my test buds (rainbow roll, salmon, and Philly roll all come into my mind), but I will spare you. Instead, I extend an offer. Try sushi. I know. “Ewwwww, it looks grossss.” Well, suck it up and be a man, or woman, and you will not regret it (unless you do, in which case I take no responsibility for your allergic reaction, anger, and general frustration). Believe Me, what may have once looked to you like a slab of raw fish rolled in stinky seaweed, will transform into a fresh, juicy, tasty, piece of art, once you have given in to the power of the sushi.

I hope you will take my advice into consideration. Take your consumption of food more seriously and eat raw fish; you will enjoy life that much more. After all, you are what you eat.