kristine kaye - los angeles, California
Themes: forgiveness

Second Chances

It has been proven by nature that humans are bound to make mistakes no matter what since “nobody is perfect”. People make mistakes and the fact that they’re human only contributes to this imperfection. Despite this, people can learn from their mistakes: they regret what they did wrong and aspire for a second chance to make their mistakes better for themselves and for others.

I myself have committed many mistakes throughout my life: even trivial mistakes, which I believe can make a difference in one’s life. I always thought that everything happened for a reason and that people’s chances were only limited to just one chance. I know that in my current age, the feeling of affection that I feel towards the opposite sex is just an infatuation. Love is just far too great and serious for my ignorant and innocent mind; I have a lot more to learn from my experiences.

Life really does have many obstacles and I learned that the hard way. I lost the person I cared the most before I even realized my true feelings for him. I didn’t notice my feeling towards him at first since he wasn’t really my “type” (he wasn’t that cute and only works at a Yoshinoya Restaurant). As time passed by, I started to develop deeper feelings for him, feelings so deep that I could barely comprehend the complexity of how I truly felt towards him. In the midst of all this, I was afraid to fall in love with him because I was afraid of getting hurt. I thought that what I felt towards him, I also felt towards other boys with whom I had past relationships. My pride was too high for me to admit that I finally found someone that I really care for, so I made up with my ex-boyfriend to test my true feelings. I became so enticed with my ex-boyfriend’s charming looks, shiny car, and greenback money that when I finally realized who I really I cared for, it was already too late. I had already lost him. I begged for forgiveness and asked for a second chance but the only response that he gave me was that he “needed some space to think”. A person’s trust, when lost, is really hard to regain; and if a person is to ever earn that trust back, it would never be the same.

I already knew that if he gave me a second chance, our relationship would never be the same. I learned to consider other people’s feelings first before making a hasty decision. Isn’t it enough already that I realized my own mistakes? Don’t I deserve to have a second chance to prove myself?

I asked for a second chance because I want to right my wrongs and change my life in a way that would benefit not only me, but also everyone that I care for. This is why I believe that everyone deserves a second chance. If not, how else would a person be able to learn from their mistakes and prove that they regret committing such mistakes?