Alvin - fairfield, Connecticut
Themes: work

I believe that the only path to being successful is through hard work. Growing up in middle class family, my parents always stressed hard work. My parents showed me through their words, actions, and successes that hard work is a valuable skill that everyone should know it. There are a lot of hard working people out there that have dreams, and goals and I think that the only way that those people will reach their goals is through working hard and never giving up. There are also some people out there that think that they can cheat their way to success.

For me hard work is the only way you will succeed in life. By working hard and never giving up, you will be able to achieve anything things that you might think that is impossible to achieve. You would even be surprised at things that you would accomplish. For example, in school some people work hard and get good grades. There are also those people that cheat on tests, homework, and projects that get good grades too, but that’s not something that they deserve.

We all have dreams of what we want to do when we grow up. Some of us want to become famous singers/actors; others want to become professional sport players. For example, a 9 year old boy wants to become an NBA player when he grows up. As that boy gets older he is going to start thinking that his dream of becoming an NBA player is impossible and there’s a big chance that he will give his dream up.

Things might seem impossible but nothing is impossible. If those people who give up easily just worked hard, and gave it all they got, I think that they will be able to achieve their dreams.

An example of how nothing is impossible is when m cousin was 11 year old he knew what he wanted to be when he grew up. His goal was to go to the University of Michigan and become a lawyer. All his life he worked hard because he really wanted to reach his goal. There were times when he felt that he couldn’t reach his goal and he wanted to give up, but he didn’t. He worked hard when he was in high school, and middle school too, and he was able to reach his goals. He did go to the University of Michigan and he did become a lawyer, just as his goal was.

As my life has evolved, my parents’ philosophy that hard work leads to success has been accurate. Through my life I have achieved goals that I thought were unachievable. Because of this, I feel that I can do anything. I plan to continue to use this idea of hard work in my near and distant future. Hard work is the best skill that anyone will learn throughout their lifetime.