Lenny - Los Angeles, California
Themes: place, pleasure

I believe in having a place of comfort. A place that brings you comfort and pleasant memories.

The first time I set foot into Las Doradas Children Center was when I was seven years old, and in the first grade. I went in not knowing what to expect. To my surprise I saw children doing their homework and playing games. At that time I didn’t know anybody at all but I decided to stay. Later I realized that the school season was always the same, finish homework and then play outside. The summer season was the best, going to the pool, the beach, and fieldtrips or just going to the park and having water balloon fights or playing a game of basketball. It was all fun just spending the summer afternoon playing with my friends. It was truly my place of comfort, where all my problems went away and I just got to hang out with friends.

As the years went by I loved attending Las Doradas Children Center during the summer program, but the school program always seemed s long and dreadful. So in 2002, when I was in the seventh grade, I decided to stop going. After a while I felt lonely; I missed my friends and a part of me was missing. So in 2003, when I started the eight grade I decided to go back, but it was too later. I was now thirteen years old and too old to attend.

I now regret not attending that year, but I still go back and visit. I go back and visit the place that played a huge role in my childhood. That place where I met most of my friends and where I spent my best years. When I go there, I can hear children laughing and screaming. I close my eyes and picture all these kids running around playing basketball, having a water balloon fight and playing capture the flag.

Las Doradas Children Center is my place of comfort. The place where all my worries disappear and all these happy memories come back. The place that holds all my childhood memories, all those games of hide and go seek that I used to play. A place where I can be 50 years old and still feel like a child.

I believe everyone has a place of comfort, a place where everyone can have pleasant memories.