RECYCLED LIFE

Kathy - 6280, Australia

The notion that I have been around before, that I have had many lives before this one, has been a feeling I have had since my early days.

As a young girl walking about in the bush not far from my home, I would admire the scenic pictures of nature’s beauty, and knowing that there was a Master Creator out there responsible for it all, would thank Him for providing me with such abundance to enjoy.

Reading accounts of reincarnation in books and magazines fascinated me, and convinced me that my belief about former existence was real, and not some magical fantasy.

I concluded that while a percentage were fictitiious, a great number were not.

There were many case stories of people who claimed to have lived before, and there were links to some of their experiences.

For example, when in another country, many have felt that they had been there before.

Becoming acquainted with these accounts helped convince me further regarding the issue of previous lives.

Religious groups are divided on the issue: some believe in the concept, while others do not.

There are members of the Christian fraternity who believe the idea to be apostasy, while others believe it to be doctrinal truth which was taught by the early Church Fathers.

One morning, during a creative writer’s workshop not far from my home, I was introduced to a new woman who had come to the meeting. She was a woman I took to be in her late sixties.

She was seated opposite me, and I noticed her watching me for a while. I looked up at her and she said: ‘What do you think of when I mention a medaievel castle in England in the sixteenth century’?

‘Nothing, except that it was probably haunted.’

‘You were a monk then, and you used to handle the chalices and the jewellery.’

The revelation surprised me somewhat, and I could not concentrate on the remainder of the lesson that morning.

A few days later, when the sun was going down, I went into my lounge room to turn the television set on, and paused as I looked at the opposite wall.

There was a shadowy figure- the figure of a hooded monk appeared!

Transfixed, I positioned myself in the doorway of the room and began to move from side to side, and the form moved concurrently with me.

The next evening as the monk visualized, I began to approach the figure, and it darkened as I came closer, and raised itself above me.

I stood mesmerized at this black hooded form of a monk – my former self – for about five minutes- and knew that I had concrete proof of my former existence.

I felt honoured and privileged to receive this knowledge about my former life, and it has transformed my perspective on life, and has made it more enriched and purposeful.