Dillan - Santa Monica, California
Themes: sports

I believe in Saturday skate sessions that involve waking up at 10:00am and leaving the house by 10:30am. Skating with friends relieves tension for me like a massage relieves tension for my mom.

I believe that Saturday skate sessions are not the same without Taco Bell. The Mexican restaurant that’s not so Mexican. The savory stop at Taco Bell makes the day that much better. Spending four dollars for a heap of delicious food is well worth the stop. Wherever we skate, whether it’s courthouse, downtown, military, or Samohi we will find a Taco Bell.

I believe in tricks that feel great when you land them. The relief that’s lifted off your shoulders when you land a trick down a big stair set is amazing. The feeling is indescribable to a person who does not skate. The gap to an accomplishment like landing a trick is the best feeling in the world. Getting clips is obtaining footage. When Florine pushes that play button, your game face becomes known and you get down to business.

I believe in running from the cops in order to prevent you from getting a 200-dollar ticket for trespassing or destroying public property. Destroying public property is just involved when skating street spots. Sorry to all those big businesses whose nice marble ledges are now chipped, cracked, and waxed because of us skaters. At a popular skate spot, cops are a common thing to see when skating. Certain spots are harder to get away than others. At courthouse, you have to be careful for bike cops blocking all exits. When exits are blocked you have to rely on hiding. At the elementary school, Carthy, the police will pull up outside the fence and get out of their car in order to write us up. I casually walk over to pick up my cell phone and money and then I’m gone. I head for the alley, jump the fence, and run two blocks away. To this day I have not gotten a skating ticket yet.

I believe in Saturday skate sessions with the obstacles that it brings