ann - willcox, Arizona

is still on top and making money and the Hispanics are second and very important to our e conomy.

Government keeps people poor (Sheldon Richman). Every time the government takes a bribe and pockets that money it takes away from the economy and all of us los e. The government likes to spend money taking trips to the moon and on th

Land Of Opportunity

This is the land of opportunity where dreams can happen. Why than has poverty

gone up in the last couple of years? What has the government done to fix this situation? Immigration has risen in this last year and Caucasian is the minority. The United States is one of the richest countries in the world so why are there more homeless, more people living below the poverty level. I believe that the government is not fixing the poverty problem and actually wants to keep the poor people poor.

The people living in poverty get a poor quality of health care if the get any health care at all. The people living in poverty get generic medication instead of real medication. People that are on acchess have to wait to see the doctor sometimes weeks. People living below the poverty level have to struggle to pay their bills. Poor people never can afford a vacation or luxuries of any kind because they are struggling to survive. Poor people pay more on the bills when they can’t afford to pay the bills because of deposits that have to paided when you pay your bills late, the late fees always put more hardship on people below the poverty level.

People living in poverty have civil rights just like every one else. Some of the people living in poverty are women and children. According to our civil rights poor people have as much of a right to support their families as anyone. Full time work is no guarantee of livelihood for many U. S. families. According to the census, immigration has grown in this last couple of years. According to the census, Caucasian is war that has been going on for the last 6 years, they don’t even have time to look into poverty. The people in government like to live a rich lifestyle and have been doing it for so long, they can’t imagine living any other way. Most people in government don’t even know how to empathize with the people living in poverty maybe that is why they haven’t fix the problem because they don’t see a problem. When restaurant business people want to keep the minimum wage down they work with the government people to keep it down. They have all worked together to keep the minimum wage low and the waitress working for nothing to support her family.

People living in poverty have to be very resourceful and creative but it is a struggle day in and day out. This is the land of opportunity, land of freedom. The united states is the richest country in the world and for the people living in poverty not as poor as some of the poorest countries in the world. Poverty is at an all time high. I don’t see the government doing any thing about the poverty situation. The poverty situation is only growing and has been growing and the ones that are suffering the most are women and children.