Amanda - Willcox, Arizona

“We dance for laughter, we dance for tears, we dance for madness, we dance for fears, we dance for hopes, we dance for screams, we are the dancers, we create the dreams.” (Anonymous). I believe in dancing everyday.

Dance is the gateway to the soul. It is an outlet. When you dance your emotions are portrayed through every move. Movement never lies. To watch someone dance is to hear their heart speak. Dancing lets even the shyest people open up, they don’t even have to talk to tell others something about themselves.

Dance is not something I do because my parents are making me or because it looks good on a resume. I dance because it is my passion. To dance takes a great deal of practice. It also takes determination. Every new step takes hours upon hours to perfect. Performance is nerve racking. Although dancing takes practice, commitment, and determination, I couldn’t live without it.

When I dance I am allowed to be myself. I can be crazy, I can have serious attitude, and I can jump around. Being myself is never easier than when I am dancing. While I dance my head is clear. I don’t have to worry about what anyone thinks, I don’t have to think about homework, I don’t even have to talk. All I have to do is dance, lay it all out on the floor and put everything I have into it.

Dance is a chance to get rid of all the days’ regrets. It is a chance to live in the moment and enjoy myself. It is a reason to get up and move around. Dance is an opportunity to let it all out.

I dance everyday. I dance without music. I dance in the mirror. I dance when no one is watching. I dance when everyone is watching. I dance on my bed. I dance down the isles in the store. I dance daily. I dance because dance is what I love. I dance because dance is my life.