Stacy - Springfield, Ohio

I am your average girl trying to make it in this world. I am a recently married woman (or so they call me), with no children and trying to finish college. I have two goofy daschund dogs (doxins, doxie, wiener dogs, whatever you want to call them), a playful cat and a wonderful loving husband that provides for me. I am six months away from becoming a certified Intervention Specialist (Special Education teacher) and I could not be happier. This I believe I am just trying to do my best.

My journey through life has had many adventures and many obstacles to overcome. I believe that through my savior Jesus Christ that I am able to achieve the outmost important things to me. I believe that He has put me in the path of special education to help educate people to love one another. To teach each other we are all the same. To rid each other of stereotypes and judgments. He strengthens me by teaching me that we are all God’s children and we are all the same. He has only provided me with opportunities like the one I am in now to help me see more clearly and more colorblind.

Working in an education field and now working with a family whom have five adopted children and are trying to adopt at least two more children, I have learned a lot about life. Not only are the children all children with special or unique needs they are all of different ethnic backgrounds. The mother and father are both Caucasian with five grown biological children. They have adopted three African-American and Caucasian bi-racial children and two African-American children. Being in such a world destroyed my judgment I had to do the best I could and not pass judgment on what they might become because of what society has portrayed or better yet expected them to become. I had to look past the stereotypes and believe that they too are no different from me. I believe I did the best I could for now when I see them, I see no color.

The world sees too much color and we judge by that color. When things are seen as black and white with no in between, we see the true meaning behind it. We are too quick to judge when we should be more quick to help our fellow brothers and sisters. This I believe the world is better off colorblind. I can try and make the world a better place by teaching them the beauty this world has to offer when we see things with no color, but it is up to this world and people to make the greater judgment for their own. This I believe I am just trying to do my best.

I live a very blessed and wonderful life. I have been given this opportunity to work with children with special needs only to help myself grow. When I grow, I help those around me grow too. I teach them to love all of God’s children and to ban those judgments that society has of each of our ethnic backgrounds. I learn everyday ways to help children with many different ethnic backgrounds, many different lifestyles and many different special needs, but I cannot help them if I cannot help myself. I cannot help anyone if I cannot look past the color of his or her skin. I have to make my world and myself colorblind and non-judgmental to help others. I believe that through God I have made myself just that. I know I cannot change or help every person, but knowing I can help a few makes my life complete. This I believe that I am just trying to do the best I can.