What we are meant to be!

Kamal - Irvine, California

As Homo sapiens we are fascinating social creatures with the capacity to function in various stages of our evolution. We might not need to think socially and be satisfied, if our primary drives such as hunger, thirst, and sex are taken care of. We might think about insignificant details of our social ailments but ignore the major incapacitating ones created by ourselves and our leading heads. We might follow any leading head as long as we can survive and our basic needs are met. Depending on who heads us, we might move forward or backward. We might be gullible, have an average level of consciousness, and easily led in the direction of least resistance. An imbalance in our lives might cause a shift in the level of our morality. In case of a downward shift, we might use justifications for our wrong doings such as somebody else would do it, if we don’t. If the level is up, we might deal with our flaws and guilt by confession and correction.

We might be shrewd and care about ourselves more than anyone else. We might have difficulty to accept that other people have the right to be equal with us. We might lack a center for guilt in our head to recognize, process, and correct our own wrong doings. We might relieve our internal turmoil by blaming escape goats. If in position of heading others, we might become feisty rulers entitled to determine everyone’s way of life with every means including violence. We might be violently revengeful and with the excuse of going after our violent peers target anyone on our way. We might have a low level of moral enhancing neurotransmitters and a high level of testosterone that makes us enjoy the ugly games between aggressors preoccupied with size, territory, and possession.

Fortunately we are not fully hopeless. We have the capacity to be the social beings we are meant to be. Leading to possess might not be our objective, yet we might take charge and direct the society to create a better chance for all. We might have a high level of consciousness that regulates our conscientiousness via a feedback mechanism. Lack of knowledge, justice, and freedom might stimulate us to search and obtain them. If obtaining those necessities is easy for us, we might distribute them to all. If obtaining them is too difficult, our internal feedback might prevents us from using aggressive means to obtain them for ourselves, yet we might support and encourages others with easier access to obtain them. We might use confession to process our won flaws and assertion to confront the ones of others. We might promote the standard of open societies that has a self regulating mechanism to change our path, if we go too far in any one direction. In short, we might have the capacity to be the most evolved social creatures that we are meant to be!