Min - Bellevue, Washington
Themes: pleasure

When I was younger, I usually got to do a lot of things i wanted to do. I got to be able to ride a bike, get a scooter, play with friends after school. After elementary school, that all changed. I had more homework to do, for more classes, and less time to play. I started to spend more of my time on school than on my friends. It gave me the idea that maybe as I get older, I’d have less time to do the things I want. After a few years up until now, my free time went from low to even lower.

I believe that one should lives ones youth to the fullest. Spend more time with friends, do things you want to do with friends, and have fun for as long as possible. The first years of school aren’t important anyhow. It’s not as if a college or the person hiring me is going to look at my elementary files and say “Hey, this kid was stupid when he was little”. The older I get, the less time I have to do the things that I find fun. I have to go to college when I graduate from high school, not to mention a job, then I’ll be working. As I’m working I’d meet someone, get married, have a family and I’d have to support that family. I’m not saying a family is a bad thing but the job you have will take time away from family time.

All the things I have to do one after another get longer and longer taking away time from the things that I love and love to do. It just stacks one on top of the other like a never ending cycle. In youth, I don’t have to worry about a thing. Recess, hardly any homework or in fact, work at all, and more time, more time to do what I want and not what I have to do. I believe that the best days of my life were that of when I had no work to do and I could just do what I wanted without having to do anything else. This is what I truly believe without even the slightest doubt in my mind…