Trevor - Renton, Washington

In retrospect we are smaller than a quark in the eyes of the universe. In a universe so big with so little answers how can we derive some meaning of our existence? I have asked my self this very question countless times with no allusions to an answer. It wasn’t until I had to think about what I believed in, that I had any idea of how to fill this enormous question. Even now I have a hard time coping with my very own answer. What I have finally concluded is that I will never be able to indulge myself with a true meaning of existence but rather have faith in the fact that my own actuality has meaning in itself.

Every day I get up and for what, to get a bad grade in a pubic speaking presentation or maybe its to do something great with my life’s, make a difference even in the smallest ways. With hard work and dedication anything is possible. Take for instance my passion, the guitar; I started playing some five years ago and still haven’t given up to this day. I am nowhere as talented as Eric Clapton or any of the other great players but that doesn’t mean I can’t get there. Jazz guitar is actually my main pursuit in the instrument, which in my opinion requires the most dedication. You have to memorize chord structures and learn how to solo over chord progression. By pushing myself in something I love I do something much greater than learning to play the guitar happens. I believe that my definition of a person is strengthened and its not just because I can do something other can’t. It is because I didn’t give up I kept at it even when it wasn’t easy because let me tell you learning what I have has rarely been easy. By sticking with it through all the good times and bad I have learned one of life’s most important lessons. Hard work can bring great things. This doesn’t mean thing will always be perfect I have had many times in my life when I tried my dam hardest but thing still didn’t seem to work out. But by knowing that I tried my hardest I could feel good form what I had accomplished at the end of the day.

This quote by Thomas Jefferson resembles some aspect of what I am trying to say “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have”. This is very true I can think of many times when I either didn’t slack on a project or tried my hardest and luck just seemed to flow my way. It’s hard to summarize exactly what I believe in because I believe in so much, but what I see to be the most important is this, the willingness to try your hardest and whatever you do in life defines you. With that attitude the sky’s the limit.