Jermaul - Sierra Vista, Arizona

What I believe in comforts you when you’re feeling down and fades away when everything seems to be right with the word. I believe in pressing past your problems, the power of joy, and that everyone has the ability to do something great in the world no matter how big…

There are, will be, and were problems in my life just as there will be in yours, I remember when my aunt died, my home caught on fire, I was dropped on my tooth for my birthday, our car broke down and we had to walk five miles in the rain all in the same week., not to mention a month before all this I was in the hospital because a rock was thrown at my head and I passed out bleeding in someone else’s front yard. What’s the point of all this, don’t have rock wars and to show you that basically things can get pretty bad through your life but you must press through the situation and look at the bright side of situations.

What could possibly be the bright side of all that simple: that my aunts in a better place, at least I had a home to catch on fire for all these years, the doctors could fix my broken teeth, that I saw my birthday, I had a car to ride in before it broke down, and I know not to do idiotic things like have rock wars. When one door closes there will be and has always been another door that opens you just have to find it.

I’ve noticed that happiness doesn’t do anything for you it comes and goes like the wind its part of your emotions, you can say I love you one minute then I hate you the next that’s not true happiness, the word I found to replace that is joy. Joy is there when you feel like your world is crumbling beneath your feet and there when you feel like everything’s right in the world. Most importantly, joy comes from the inside out, so outside circumstances cannot dictate how you feel. The most amazing event I notice with smiling is that it is very contagious, and everyone can get it. I noticed when you go somewhere and smile at people with a friendly, “hi or with a compliment” you light up there face and they get a sense of security and comfort in hearing that. I noticed that when I did that they said hello also to some random stranger and did a kind deed for them, whether they did something as little as picking up a fallen book or paper, it just showed that they cared and that I just made a difference in two peoples life by just talking to one person. So if anyone was to ask me what I believe in? I’d say…you. That each person can do something great no matter how big, no matter how small… it all makes a difference.