Michelle - Hereford, Arizona

This I believe

My husband and I have been together nine years and have been married four. We absolutely love kids and want at least two. We both have wanted kids for as long as I can remember. So about three and a half years ago we started planning and trying but when nothing happened we were concerned. We asked my doctor and she referred us to an infertility doctor. The best they had to offer. Our insurance paid for everything including any tests they needed. Then all the tests came back fine, nothing wrong with either of us! So the big question why hadn’t we gotten pregnant?

One Sunday after church we sat down and discussed our options. We then decided to look in to adoption, since there are so many babes and kids that need loving homes. We did a lot of research and found that it was just too much money to adopt. Why is it so expensive to adopt when so many kids need a loving home? I believe there are many couples in this world that can’t have a baby of their own for whatever reason and yet can’t adopt a child because of the cost. Many people would say “well it takes a lot of money to raise kids”, and yes I do believe that is true but should all of their money really go to adopting a child?

Some couples spend their entire life savings to get a child that they so desperately want to love. So if they spend their savings account on brings a child home from the adoption agency, then how does that benefit the new child in their lives? Besides having a loving home now the new parents don’t have any money to buy them all the great things they could have if adoption didn’t cost them so much.

I believe that all couples that want to adopt should be able to and that they all must have a background check but does it really need to cost so much money when most of the time it is the loving husband and wife that make the average income that even think about adoption. I also believe that if adoption was more reasonable in cost that so many children would be adopted and there would be less moving from foster home to foster home. We should really look into this because I know there are many other very loving husbands and wifes that would adopted a child, if only they could afford the whole adoption process.