Mahala - Sierra Vista, Arizona

I believe that every human on this earth has a day to shine. Humans may all be equal in our status as living beings, but none can readily compare to another. People are intrinsically imperfect; the paradigm of all things that consistently have the potential to be better. Every day humans compromise their morals to achieve a superficial standard, materialistic wealth, or just to survive. I see days when we are weak and unable to lift ourselves from the hole we dig. There are days when pressure from society is too great. There are days when esteem is lowered because of some faulty judgment made by another. Yet, despite the world and all its unfair dilemmas, humans press onward. Every day I see a happy person, a beaming face, a person who has risen above and embarked on an inner transition towards fulfilling their capabilities. This is proof enough to me that there is a day, at least one day; in every individual’s life that they can achieve joy in the purest sense of the word. We can rise above and consummate our abilities. I have seen the most humble of hearts struggle through life without a single empathetic nod from another, yet in times of adversity they manage to shove onward and show their undying strength. I have seen those of weak minds formulate an opinion. I have seen the most egocentric of people nurture another. I have seen those of feeble temperament transgress the role of bystander and stand up for what is just. I have seen those who bask in a state of wizen disinterest who one day revel in the beauty of the world. The troubles that we face daily are a reminder to how inspired we are to pursue happiness. In this search for happiness I see those who encounter their inner strength and embrace it to the fullest. Every day in this vast expanse of earth, in every country, in every culture, in every community, in every relationship and in every mind, there is a budding vigor that are awaiting the day it will rise and verify the beauty of what can and will be. The longevity of this joy may not be sustained, but once it has appeared in a mind, it can not be forgotten.