Jamison - Eugene, Oregon

I believe that no one can tell if another person is “good” or “evil” at first sight. I have judged people when I first saw them only to find out that my judgment was wrong and I know that lots of other people have misjudged other also. I have been with my mom in the car and we were cut off by someone running a red light and my mom called them a jerk, but there was no way that she could know if they were really a jerk or not. It might have been someone who was hurrying to the hospital or someone who has an emergency at home. In school we judge people based on the groups they belong to, but there are more to people than that. Just because a person is in an anime club doesn’t mean that they can’t be a basketball fan. And, if a girl is blonde, it doesn’t mean she is stupid. If a student gets really good grades, it doesn’t mean that they are for sure going to be successful, a person who gets lower grades might turn out to be a millionaire. There is just now way to know until you get to know the other person.

I believe that most people are good hearted but that they give an evil image when they do things that are not good. Most people don’t want to make life harder on other people but when they are not paying attention to those other people they do things that make them look bad. It makes it very hard to judge a person when they are not being themselves or are not thinking of others.

I believe that people should consider the things they do and those things affect others so that they are not misjudged. I think that if we all tried hard we could find out more about the people around us. If we did that, there would be less misjudgment in the world which would make everyone happier and would cause a lot less problems.