Christopher - San Jose, California

In my world history class we were given a project, this project was to research a current human right that is being violated in a specific country. I was given education discrimination in the country of Nepal. During my research I was shocked to what is occurring in Nepal and how people of that are in the lower class of society are not given an opportunity to receive a proper education is ridiculous. I believe that just because someone is not rich enough, or smart enough should limit them to their human rights. Everyone is equal at birth and it should stay that way throughout their lives, this should not change in terms of jobs, marriage, and especially education. Education is the one thing that can bring all of us together; by learning more about our world and the world around us we can have a more positive impact on the world. I believe that education should be offered to every human being available regardless of race, social class, or gender. I also believe that being the super power in the world today the United States had a responsibility to take in Nepal. With the millions of talented people in America there should be no reason why we cant put a little effort into helping these people. We could send construction workers to help build new schools so that more people can get an education. While researching this human right violation I began to realize how lucky I am, and in further thought not just how lucky I am but how lucky kids in my community are, and kids in this country are. After thinking about that I asked myself why can’t other countries be the same way. I believe that the continuance of this human right violation is one that can not and should not be tolerated. Discriminating against someone over their gender or social class is an age old problem and there should be a request if not a forced change. With thousands of people not being able to get an education the world could possibly be losing the next Einstein, or the person who may some day cure cancer. By limiting or taking away a persons right to an education, their whole life is being taken away. I believe that this is one of the most important issues going on in the world today, and with no change in any time soon this problem may get worse. This I believe is an issue that should be dealt with quickly, Nepal is in need of help and it is the responsibility of the United Nations and the United States to take action to enforce that everyone is given a proper education.