Kyle - san Jose, California

Part two Essay Kyle Cool

Period 2

In world history I was introduced to a terrible global issue going on in Darfur, Sudan. It is a genocide triggered by three men of the National Sudan government in which over 400,000 people have been killed, over 2 million forced to leave their homes and more than 3.5 million are reliant on the financial aide of the country. These tragic events are cruel and inhumane and should be stopped.

I believe this current global issue is the most disturbing and deserves to be stopped at all costs, American government has been ignoring the issue ever since it started in 2003 and in my opinion this is completely wrong! I think the U.S. should be sending as many supplies to Sudan as possible such as food, water, blankets, and books. And these supplies should be sent over as soon as possible. I feel there should be way more publicity on the issue at hand, for example radio companies can broadcast ads informing people what is going on and how to stop it. Television should show more commercials giving phone numbers to call and ask questions about what we can do to help. In my school I feel I can educate a lot of people by making posters and putting them up around the school with pictures and captions letting them know how to help. I also am in the process of purchasing wristbands with “stop the genocide in Darfur” imprinted on them. By all my peers wearing these wristbands I believe the domino effect will come into play as more and more people will see the terror that is going on in Sudan and come to the realization that it needs to be stopped, now!