The Box

Julian - 39990 Rancho Mirage, California

There is a place we as humans like to utilize more than our own houses, cars, the nearest

movie theaters, or even amusement parks…The Box. Each and every individual, no matter how

much they want to deny it, lives in their own box. I have my box, it’s a pretty big box. Overtime,

the box gets stretched out, but that only allows it to fit more things. The more and more you

throw into your box, the less likely your box will close leaving you outside the box, which is

where you want to be.

My time in high school has lead me to believe that it can much be compared to the real world. Now, you can stay in the box all 4 years, and treat school as a place for you to just shoot blindly for those A’s, or you can start living, finding out what you want to be, what you want to do. A lot of the kids in high school are intolerant and inconsiderate to others and their beliefs. I see a lot of the same characteristics in adults, especially adults involved with politics. Endless arguments where one side can’t possibly gain the upper-hand in the argument because both are so lost in their little box.

America is the greatest country in the world, yet the majority of us are in the box created by our government. News? What news? Most of the news you see on TV is just a distraction, a mere decoy. I mean, isn’t that clear when months have passed, and we’re still hearing about Anna Nicole in headlines while there’s a war going on over seas. Big whoop over the elections. Why? So I can elect one of two puppets whose words must trickle down a system made up of two houses to have any effect? It’s all just for show, and these little shows they put together only challenge me to leap out of that box.

People also have their box on what is unnatural. I don’t see the logic in stating such things as abortion, nuclear weapons, or stem cell research as unnatural. Wouldn’t that mean a caveman could have discovered fire, and said that fire was unnatural. The world is so far ahead now that fire is such a necessity, it goes into the category of “natural”. Nuclear weapons unnatural? Get real, the Navajos never looked at their arrowhead spears and said it was unnatural.

There is a place I like to utilize more than my own house, my Toyota Avalon, the River, or parties…My Life. I take different perspectives from existence, and live my life the way I want to shape it. Overtime, I get older and more mature, but that only allows me to absorb more knowledge into my life. The more and more I throw into my life, the less likely my life is lived closed, leaving me to live outside the box…which is where I want to be.