Christopher - Campbell,, California

This I believe

I have been brought up to believe that all war was wrong but I didn’t always believe that-at least not at first. When I was younger, like most kids, I thought war was a game where only egos would be hurt and nobody would actually get killed, and if they did, then I would simply label them as “bad guys” and not care about what happened to them. However, I began to realize that indeed war was a bad thing, a real evil in this world, when I began watching specials on the history channel about the affects of war, and I soon became intrigued to find out more. Only after I watched several war movies and even more specials on the history channel did I realize how evil war was. But only very recently did I learn another horrifying truth about war: the involvement of child soldiers in war.

We have, despite all morel consensuses, used children in the bane of humanity that is war. In one country in particular I believe the situation is quite bad. The human rights that the children in the country of Chad in chaos filled Africa are deprived of are many, which include the right of equality and of having the right to a productive life, and they are also deprived of their right to have a proper education. But the worst crime of all is that they are forced to fight for the cause of a war that has been happening for more than 40 years now-with no end in sight.

I believe that this sort of morel injustice and this breach on the human rights act is wrong and it should be mended. Children are not brought into this world to simply be killed at a young age all for a pointless battle. They should be given the opportunity to live the lives they want to live-ones full of opportunity. It is in my belief that something should be done to make sure that these poor children are given the opportunities given to us here in America. I believe that I can do something about it, and that there is a way to end this injustice in Chad.

I believe that the first step towards stopping this cruelty onto our children is by first actually getting involved in humanitarian efforts. A solution that can help by stopping the child soldiers in Chad from being recruited all together. I also believe that there is a way to stop the violent factions of Chad from warring with each other by offering peace treaties and other peace offers so they can end the violence.

I believe that there is hope to resolve this problem and that these children can be saved from an early death by the evil that is war. I believe that with efforts from not only the people around me, but from myself as well, there is a beacon of hope for the invisible children of Chad.