I believe in dancing in the rain

Garbiella - Park City, Utah

I believe in dancing in the rain. I believe that everything will be alright. I believe in looking at the bright side. I believe in smiling when nothing is worth a smile. I believe in a happy sadness.

One day I had thought that nothing could get worse, my grades were horrible, my friend hated me, my parents hated me, and all seemed to be going terribly wrong. I ran into the school bathroom one day, looked under the stalls to make sure no one was there, and then I cried. I let my make-up run down my face.

I looked up at the mirror and saw my reflection. I looked at myself for the longest time. I smiled; I thought ‘what is so wrong? Why am I unhappy? I have a sister who loves me, a brother who does care about me, pets that love me and I love them, and I’m not half bad looking. I have a roof over my head, an education, my own room, a nice house. I have friends that love and care about me’. I walked out of the bathroom feeling better than ever, I knew that I was a very lucky person.

Some people took pity on me, thinking that my life was so bad, but I just laughed at them. When I got home my brother was rude to me, as usual, people thought the things he says to me are horrible and just plan evil. But I had always thought of it as a brother kind of thing to do. So I smiled. I will always smile, no matter how bad things get, my life is still pretty good. I don’t need anyone to pity me, because I have no need to be pitied, I love my life and who is in it. I look at the bright side; nothing is ever hopeless, just temporarily unsatisfying.

The rain pores down, and the children want to go out side and play, but it’ll be cold and wet. So they put on their rain coats and run out side. I look at all of them slashing in puddles, and I run out side, and dance. I dance like no one is watching, without music; there is still a beat to dance to.

I believe in dancing in the rain. Nothing is ever broken, no one is ever broken. I chose to look at the bright side, which is something I think everyone should try to do, it makes thing easier. Just smile, a simple smile will make all the difference, smile as the rain comes down on you and your body moves and groves.