The importance of time

Jennifer - Grand Junction, Colorado

In our lives we live our daily life with the restrictions of time. We have our daily schedules that rule our day and determine what we are able to complete and what we are able to do. We all need to take time to remember the important things that really matter in life and stop to embrace them and not live only according to time schedules. We need to stop and make time for the ones we love and the things that really make life count.

I recently found out that my grandmother was very sick and may not live to see me for one more visit. The call made me realize all the lost time that I had never cherished with her. Now sitting in Korea and given this second chance, I just sit and watch her and try to enjoy all the times we have been given. From sitting on the ground and laughing about our family times together, to just watching her sleep. When given this opportunity to see my

Grandma, I realized how important time is and how you have to make the best of every moment you have with someone you love. That time may be taken away from you at any moment, so never put off what you can do today for tomorrow.

We never realize how much time really dictates our lives, until you realize that time may be stripped away from you and the one you love. So in this…..I believe that you must live every day as if it were your last, dance whenever possible, and hug as often as you can. Always make sure to say I love you often and never forget that time is something you never get back once it’s gone.