Laura - Holland

Moms are the Hands of God

I believe Moms are the hands of God. The Lord calls each mom to nurture a young life through the joys and challenges of childhood into adulthood. A mother’s life reflects a labor of love. Through all the chauffeuring, housekeeping, cooking, teaching, washing, cleaning, and caring, they work to shape each of their charges into responsible, caring individuals. In the process, God grants Moms incredible patience as well as the ability to negotiate and compromise. Motherhood’s awards are not monetary, but rather are embodied in the hugs, kisses and joy interwoven in a loving relationship. A mom’s eager hands willingly care for her loved ones as she desires to care and support them throughout their life. To this day, my Mom is excited to spend time with me and looks forward to our conversations. I have come to recognize the blessing and value contained in my mother, especially since she is a woman of faith. Her prayers and her Godly wisdom have helped develop me into the person I am today.

I am saddened by the way society is diminishing the value of the role of a mother. Mothers sacrifice much to be there for their children. I have been blessed with two great moms in my life, my own mom and my mother-in-law, both of whom cherish the role of motherhood God has given them. Each see the benefit of raising children and being present to offer council whenever it is needed as huge blessings from Christ. Neither would equate the monetary award of a job with the joy of shaping a life for His service. Their personalities have always put their children first and therefore have made a huge impact on the people we are today. They have been great role models for me to lean on as I was blessed with motherhood in my own life. Their guidance and wisdom have helped me learn what being a mother is all about.

Being a mom is the hardest job in the world. One must mold a life and then give it wings to be free, having faith that the foundation will be used by God to continue to develop them into mature responsible adults. The Bible encourages us to “rise up and call her blessed”, the one that has cherished you more than life itself. Praise your mom for all she has done. Thank her for helping to shape you into the person you are today. Remember her sacrifices and cherish her for the impact she has made on your life. Let her know that you love her and that you will never forget all that she has done for you. Praise her for being willing to be your Mom, for a mother’s love is incredible, as it provides a glimpse of Christ’s love for us. Take time to appreciate your Mom, for this, I believe is one of the most important things a child can do for their mother.