Mohammed - Chicago, Illinois

I was searching the web one day for a famous comedian and that’s when “Laughing Yoga” came up and I thought to myself “laughing yoga…that must be a joke.” Naturally, as curious minds would do, I clicked on it. That’s when it happened..the laughing yoga master was laughing and making weird noises while flailing his arms around chanting “I’m happy and relaxed I’m happy and relaxed.” Man, if only everyone saw this guy in action! That was the very first time that I found out that I could laugh without making a sound. The yoga man took a deep breath, exhaled quickly, moved his arms some more, and made not one single sound. There was utter silence until I busted out laughing at how awkward it looked. I believe laughter is the key to solve all our problems.

Laughter is the one thing everyone in this world has in common and will bring us all together. There is no reason not to be happy all the time in whatever you are doing and what better way to be happy than through laughter. I would rather be laughing than go throughout my life crying and feeling sad about myself especially for the smallest things this short world can offer. A few weeks ago my brother took my bike to ride it in the park and joined up with some friends and somehow got my bike stolen. I just couldn’t stop myself from laughing. The best part was hearing their story of someone running by and grabbing the bike, which was right next to them, and not noticing it until the guy was already down the block riding away. I don’t really know why I laughed at the incident, but I must say it felt pretty good. I can still remember my brother and a friend of his running into the house shouting “Someone jacked your bike! Someone jacked your bike!” Their choice of words, “Jacked,” and the fact that there was a 0.1% chance the cops were going to find it added on to the laughter.

A lot of your muscles get a workout while you laugh and it’s probably the most contagious thing known to man. When someone starts laughing it creates a chain reaction; it’s more addicting than drugs and yeah it’s more helpful too. I believe we should all go out one of these days and just start laughing.