patricia - burnsville, Minnesota

This I believe that God only puts you through things that he knows you can handle. Everyone goes through struggles in life. Everyone has different things that they go through at a certain time in there life whether its death, lost of a job, family problems, break ups and whatever else. God only puts you through things because he knows that you are a strong individual and can handle the weight on your shoulders. Even though you might just have such a rough time getting over your problems it’s just making you a stronger person. You may not realize it at the time but later on down the line you will think to your self like wow I made it through a rough point in my life I am very blessed.

The reason why I believe in this quote so much is because when I was thirteen years old my family and I moved to Las Vegas, Nevada. It was the worst point in my life. I was moving thousand of miles away from all my family and friends. I didn’t know what I was going to do. I still remember to this day when I left Minnesota to go to Las Vegas. I was crushed. I believe that I was at rock bottom at that point in time. I was only thirteen years old and I never new that I can be as stressed as I was. I couldn’t eat, I couldn’t sleep, I was doing horrible in school, I didn’t socialize with anyone and my hair was coming out really bad. I didn’t know what I was going to do. I only had one aunt who lived out there with her family but I never really spoke to them as much so I didn’t know them all that well. My family thought that I was kind of weird because I was so mean and I didn’t want to talk to them at all. That was only because I was miserable. After nights of crying my self to sleep being depressed and miserable a year and a half went by and by that time I was loving it. I didn’t think that it could get any better. I was making friends, I actually spoke to my family and I was doing much better in school and my hair was actually growing instead of falling out. Of course I still missed my home, Minnesota but I was making the best out of my new home. I was getting so use to it. That is until the following year my parents told me that we were moving back to Minnesota. I was happy but I was also kind of sad because I was just getting use to Las Vegas and I made two new best friends. Now it was time for me to go. When my parents first broke the news to me I immediately thought to myself like wow I went through all that misery and within three and a half years I was moving back to my old state. I just laughed to myself because at that point I new god only put me through a challenge because he new things would get better for me once I could make myself better on my own. That’s why every struggle I go through I don’t look at it bad I look at it in a good way later on because it only made me stronger.