Muhammad - 75100, Pakistan

“Great minds have purposes, others have wishes.”

-Washington Irving-

“Do you have a purpose in life?” This seems to be a simple, straightforward question, yet many give you a dumb look once they are inquired. A purpose shows you direction, and you will always like to go where your heart may lead.

It’s the system we are living in that reduces our own mental horizon; the system is a curse upon us all. Get a degree, get a job, and get married. All we do is work, work, work and work. The system has captured people as its free slaves.

An employee doing a nine to five job is a free slave, if you don’t know.

He is free to think, free to act, but his thinking and acting capacities are directed towards his BOSS, his organization. He is a puppet, a robot and his life is worse than a zombie; alive, but without a mind of his own.

But you know what? The system that is like a mafia lord, capturing us as free salves, isn’t the fault why people become slaves. Its not the fault of the system that a teenager who wishes to study creative writing is forced to study mechanical engineering by his parents. The system is bad, I know, but we are the ones who accept the system’s dominance upon ourselves.

The Wright Brothers revolutionized the entire transportation system when they flew their glider at Kitty Hawk in 1902. The system they lived in hadn’t had any experience with a flying machine. They had an idea, a vision, and that’s all you need to fight against the system.

People don’t have a vision. All they need is a satisfied life, but aren’t contented, because they never do what they like. A student studying what doesn’t interests him. An employee working where he doesn’t want to. The world literally deserve to become a slave of the system. They don’t think, they don’t have a dream, a vision or aspirations to fulfill.

Simply put, people don’t have a higher purpose in their lives. If someone wants to paint, he never becomes a painter, but works in an organization as a marketing executive, because his parents thought so.

If a teenager aspires of becoming an aeronautical engineer and envisions himself working for NASA, his parents instead of encouraging him would tell him to concentrate on his studies. In short, people seldom appreciate a visionary, let it be their own children.

I was force to study business administration, while I myself have a flair for creative writing. Despite my surroundings, I became a freelance writer.

“WHERE IS YOUR INNER VOICE PEOPLE?” If you want to become a writer, all you can do is be true to yourself, and be one. “WRITE.” Fulfill your dream. You have one life to prove yourself, and mark my words; the system will always come in your way.

This is the essence of life.