Alethea - Easley, South Carolina

I believe in the foundation of America’s history. The United States of America, founded by strong and faithful Christian men, constructed this country’s foundation based entirely upon biblical and Christian beliefs. The Ten Commandments and prayer has been apart of this country’s judicial system, political meetings, schools and homes ever since the very beginnings of this great nation. The very fabric of the Declaration of Independence and Constitution indicates the backbone of the vision and dedication that our founding fathers had towards maintaining a Godly Christian country.

In 1962 and 1963 the Supreme Court handed down a ruling prohibiting prayer and bible reading and/or quoting in all public schools, citing it as being unconstitutional. Now our country is in a debate over removing the Ten Commandments from our court system.

From my research of American history until now I have seen a gradual decline in the framework of America’s founding faith. As liberalists are slowly and subtly picking away at the fibers of this country’s foundation. There are various portraits and letters that clearly show men like John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, George Washington and many others emphasizing the importance of Godly principles in order for a country to run effectively. Removing what these forefathers strived to secure and uphold has become one of the reasons that have led to a repercussion of tragic events, and whenever there are deviations from a country’s sound fundamentals what I see us doing is removing the anchor that has kept us grounded, and steering our nation into a whirlwind of destructive behaviors.

The Godly morals and values that this country was founded on was what kept us, restrained us and disciplined us, without them our people become lawless, selfish and indifferent towards mankind, and these are very evident in our society today.

This is our country, our roots, our foundation, and nothing stands without its foundation. I am by no means encouraging us to become bible-thumping religious fanatics but what I am persuading us all to do is defend, uphold and vote accordingly to what our nation first stood for. As I close I am reminded of what George Washington once wrote and I quote – “Let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle,” end quote. Now let’s put America back where it belongs and secure a brighter tomorrow for all of us and our future generations to come.