Sam - Sandy Hook, Connecticut
Themes: love, setbacks

I believe in love. It’s a love so deep that it could move mountains, a love so strong that it could never fail, and a love so true and forgiving that it never holds a grudge. I believe that true love does exist and that everyone does get a chance at it. However, true love is a once in a lifetime opportunity that too many people tend to take for granted. The few who do accept it and cherish it are the smart ones. It is they who can open their hearts and accept the fact that they are happy. I do believe that true love can conquer all and that nothing can stop it. If we are in love, we just know it and want it forever.

Recently, I had made the mistake of letting go the person whom I am in love with. I let fear overwhelm my heart and confuse my soul as to what I actually wanted. True love is strong and can survive; however fear is its worst enemy. Being afraid is a natural human response; however it can be deadly to love, but not true love. True love takes over and breaks the bonds of fear in our hearts. True love grabs what we want and pulls it close to us so we won’t ever let it go. I have experienced this first-hand. I realized very shortly after letting go of the love of my life that I wanted her forever. My heart was bruised, lonely, and it needed her.

So, I begged and I pleaded for a second chance and, so far, I have been getting one. I am getting her to slowly fall in love with me all over again. True love is pouring into her heart and filling her with happiness again. True love is fixing her bruised heart and healing her scars. It is only something as powerful as true love that can cause a human being to be healed. Love is so unpredictable and works in ways that even the most intelligent of people do not understand. But that is exactly what makes it so mysterious and yet wonderful at the same time.

I believe that true love does exist if we allow it to. We must be strong and not fear it. If we are happy then we know it is true. Our hearts do not lie to us. They are incapable of being false. When we feel something in our hearts, then it is one hundred percent true. I believe that true love is a gift that we must give ourselves and not be afraid to have, this I believe.