Anakaren - Indio, California

I believe no student should be force to speak in class, if they do not wish to do it. I think and would like to right that just as we have the right to speak our minds or to remain silence in some cases we should also have the right to remain silence in a class, with out this silence affecting our grades and putting us in danger of failing.

As we grow teachers and parents teach us our rights, they tell us what we can and can’t do but why then when we make a decision such as not speaking or say what you think of a topic in a class, they either get mad or decided to put you in danger of failing. How do this teachers and parents know, how you feel about giving your opinion on some thing, in front of other people? How do they know that the problem isn’t the people their in the class with? Or that there might be problems at home and you don’t feel like saying anything because you know that if you do you are just going to blow up? What if you been a victim of the target of some immature idiot who thinks that by making fun of you he/ she thinks that their so cool? Or what if instead you’ve been the victim of sexual abuse by a school mate and when you decided to tell this now one would believe you? Such was a case that happen here in the U.S. when a girl was sexually abuse in a party by one of her school mates and when she decided to speak and say what had happened no one would believe her so she decided to re main sillies, this student was an excellent student that always received the vest grades of her classes but when she decided not to speak any more her grades deteriorated to the point where she was in danger of failing.

I have asked my selves many times if teachers some times get to the point were they have to scream at us or write us up for speaking what we really think why then have the so call participation points. I do believe there the once that tell us and teach us how to act or what to say in their class rooms I have seen many students get in trouble for talking many times we are asked to be quiet, and then when we speak we get yell at or written up well, I believe that teachers should make their minds up.

I believe that in our government classes we are told what our rights as citizens are, they tell us we can say what ever we want and do as we pleased but when student decided not to give their opinion on things going on in the class their grades are mainly affected by this. I believe and think that what I believe in is as strong as what others believe in too, is true, but I also believe that we as student can’t do anything about it, even though we have right or so we are told.