Molly - Briarcliff, New York
Themes: place

According to the post-office, my home address is 230 Ridgecrest Rd. But if you ask me, I have many homes. I whole-heartedly believe that while a home can simply be a physical place, a home can take many forms, and it is more than just a place to live. A home creates who you are and who you will become. For this reason, I have many homes.

230 Ridgecrest Road. This is my physical home in Briarcliff. After a long day at school or a tough soccer game this is where I long to be. This home has my family, this home has my room, and in this home I know I can always be myself. This is the place I want to be if I am sick or if I need to be alone. Here, I play host to friends and family for bar-bq’s, snow fights, and casual dinners. For sleepovers on weekends, movie nights with just the girls, or cozy dinners with my family, this home is perfect. I grew up in this house, and it holds so many priceless memories. My home has taught me that no matter what I do or what I have become, I will always have a place to feel safe and loved. Because of all this, I call it my home.

Lexi, Kira, Nicole, and Lea. These people are my home. Together we have to deal with our parents, school, our peers, and each other. All of us are so different, which allows us to become involved in things we never would have imagined. Weekends always involve dinners with just the girls, or roaming around trying to make our dull town more exciting. When one of us becomes upset, it is almost inevitable that within five minutes all of us will be on conference call trying to help. Their parents treat me like a daughter, because we treat each other like sisters. Wrong or right my friends will defend me, and keep me safe. All of these girls have taught me that home isn’t always an address. Because of all this, I call them my home.

I think one of the most important things to learn growing up is that homes can come in many forms, and all are beautiful. In the song, “I Feel Home” by OAR, they eloquently put my beliefs into words. I feel home, when I see the faces that remember my own. I feel home, when I’m chilling outside with the people I know. I feel home, and that’s just what I feel. Home to me is reality, and all I need something real.