Tianna - Palm Desert, California
Themes: freedom

I believe in voicing your opinions. In today’s societies individuals need to be able to say what they think without the possibility of receiving criticism in return. This nation will always continue to be ran the same way because individuals are afraid to say what they want. When you speak up and ignore what others have to say, you have the opportunity and ability to change the way the United States is ruled, ran or just simply lived.

George W. Bush has an approval rate of thirty five percent, and a disapproval rate of sixty two percent (WashingtonPost). When participating in any political discussion you will always have a person who is against Bush and his decisions regarding our country, but that person will also be the one who didn’t exercise their Fifteenth amendment right. Fifty percent of eligible Americans don’t vote, but when given the opportunity to freely speak or “bash” President Bush they will (SFGate). Instead of criticizing the President, and the American Voting Population they should criticize themselves for the lack of personal respect and involvement they have. If all eligible Americans voted, this nation could truly say that decisions are made by opinions that were voiced.

We should exercise our voice. How will we ever change anything if we never speak up. Voicing your opinion is not just limited to politics. The recent Virginia Tech shooting killed thirty-two and injured at least twenty-six students. The shooter Cho Seung-Hui may have choose his actions if he felt that he could reach out an voice his opinion. He was a minority and even he felt insecure about expressing himself to other students. The amount of pressure college puts on you not only to succeed but also to strive popularity. It’s all overwhelming and can make even the most outspoken person dwindle their opinion. We need to stop being so judgmental, we need to accept one and another and hear each other out. You could have the greatest idea but what does it matter when no one is listening… nothing. Listening to each other’s opinions and providing positive feedback helps give us the confidence to speak our minds freely. For some people that is all they need.

Our nation can never advance together if everyone doesn’t have a say. Everyone needs to share his or her opinions with everyone else to come up with a better solution. All we are accomplishing now is letting political leaders such as George W. Bush destroy our personal values and morals while we just sit back and listen.

Everybody’s opinion counts and we need to first start off by exercising our fifteenth amendment right and vote. You can’t make a difference if you never try. Don’t criticize someone if they all they did was try. It’s better to fail knowing you tried rather tan fail without trying. Through out my whole life I have learned that they’re will always be someone who will have something to say regardless what’s it’s about. But you also need to know that instead of fighting with them, take the criticism and see if you can benefit from it. Never let your opinion go unheard for the simply fact your afraid what others might think.