Johanna - Tegiucigalpa, Honduras

I Believe in God

I believe in God. I believe in Him because He has given me reasons to do so: I have an awesome family, friends, and I’m healthy. He is my reason for living. I believe that God gave his one and only son to die for me.

Sometimes, as a human, I have some ups and downs in following God’s will. But hey! Nobody said it would be easy. There have been some harsh times in which my faith is lacking. One moment in which my faith has been lacking is recently. I have been feeling so stressed and tired because of my grades at school. I mean, I know it’s my fault and no one else’s, but I’ve felt like if God doesn’t hear me when I pray to him.

One day, I woke up crying, my mom went into my room, and she asked me what was wrong with me, so I told her that I didn’t feel peace, that I was stressed, tired, and that I couldn’t even sleep. All this I was feeling was pressure, and I felt I couldn’t handle it anymore. That day, my mom prayed for me. She prayed so beautifully and deeply that I felt an enormous peace in my heart and in my mind. Then, at night, with my family, we had a devotional called “the SPEM prayer”, that means prayer for spiritual health, physical health, emotional health, and mental health. One of the verses in this devotional was Ephesians 3:14-21, and Ephesians 3:14,16 said: “I come on my knees before the Lord…so that he concedes you…to be strengthen with power by his spirit.” This verse touched my heart, and my mom said: “You see how much the Lord loves you and is talking to you specifically through these verses?” Since then, I’ve got an immense peace in my heart and God has given me the desire of improving greatly, and demonstrate who He is in my life and I remembered what Joshua 1:9 says: “Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest”.

Some people believe that being a Christian is about being a saint. This is not true at all, only God is saint. Being a Christian requires being brave & expecting everything to happen, because when we are looking forward to living a life as God wants us to, is when more difficulties come. In these moments is when we have to prove that we are brave enough to follow Jesus. All these struggles and difficulties happen because the devil wants us to fall and not follow Jesus. That’s why we have to prove him wrong and demonstrate that with Jesus in our hearts EVERYTHING is possible. Jesus should be number one in our lives, and we should be able and brave enough to live a life for Him as he gave His life for us.