James - La Quinta, California

“Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of faith is to see what you believe”-St. Augustine. Having faith is the most powerful thing a person can have. I believe that all people need to have faith; whether it’s faith in God or yourself. Without faith I believe a person is lost in life, because what can you fall back on when all has left you. Faith started this country from a group of people looking for a better life and having faith that they would find a free land.

I have been going to church since I was little, so I have faith that there is a God. My faith is in the church and God, without that some situations I have encountered would have been really tough to get through. I have experienced death in my family and friends, without my faith it would have been really tough to get through. Without faith I would have been at a loss for understanding. My faith is not only in God but mainly in myself knowing I can succeed in things that I really try for.

Faith is not always religious for a lot of people; having faith in ones self is very important. People these days tend to give up very quickly, which is why our society is experiencing a downfall and areas in this country are prone to violence. If people had faith that they could change in which the ways they live, many would find themselves having better lives. Martin Luther King had faith that one day all people would be equal and live together. With his leadership and people’s faith that Martin Luther King would change the world, America became the true land of the free.

Faith is a must for being a leader. All leaders have faith to drive them and others to complete the goals and accomplish them. Every leader has made a statement on faith whether religious or not. Leaders in sports always say you need faith to get the win, and perform as a better player. I know without faith I would not have succeeded in sports like I have. An example of this was the faith that I would start most all games I played in. The reason is because in high school I didn’t always start but I practiced all the time, and now I’m on a travel team and starting.

Faith is something that every person needs and has to strive for. Without faith a person is lost in the world. The point I am trying to make is that you need faith in something to obtain anything in life. Having faith and believing in it is the strongest thing a person can have. “Let’s have faith that right makes might; and in that faith let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.”- Abraham Lincoln