Christy - Palm Desert, California

Everything I believe revolves around the Word of God; it is my book of life that I do my best to follow everyday. I know I’m never going to be perfect in my attempts to follow God, but He knows my heart and my desire to do His will in my life.

I believe that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died on the cross for our sins. I believe He did this so that we can live eternally with God in Heaven. This is something I have come to adore, know, treasure and believe in with all my heart. I have grown up with this belief since I was young and have been continually taught this.

I strongly believe that God gives us situations in our life that draw us closer to Him. For me it was when I went to China on a sports mission’s trip with a college-aged soccer team when I was 16 years old, a sophomore in high school. This was a challenging trip for me because I had never flown on an airplane before and I didn’t know a single girl I was going with. I was very scared. It was comforting when the counselors got all of us girls together to pray. Those fears and prayers helped me draw closer to God. I was afraid and at times lonely but God was there to comfort me and to give me strength to get through the trip.

Throughout the trip to China I believe that God gave all the girls, myself included, patience to spread Gods’ Word according to His will. We gained patience traveling through the communist country with respect to their cultural beliefs. China doesn’t allow missionaries to enter into the country with the purpose of teaching about Jesus: although, you are able to teach them through their own interests in Jesus Christ. One way we sparked their interest was through player profile cards. These player profile cards told our testimony of how we accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. We also brought along evangelistic cubes that tell the story of Jesus Christ. We had a Christian translator with us that helped explain the meaning of the cards and cubes: I shard my faith and beliefs with the Chinese people to expand their knowledge of the Christian faith. Through it all, it was one of the best experiences of my life and it intensified my relationship with the Lord J. I believe it was Gods’ purpose for me to go on this trip.

Before I started writing this “I Believe” essay, I never actually took the time to think and pray about what I Believe in, instead, I would hear the opinions of other people and depending on what they say I would believe them to a certain extent. But there is one thing I believe in for sure: God and His Son the Lord Jesus Christ.